So then i said :

Viewer's discretion is advised...

Monday 27 February 2012

whO's a cHubBy buNny?!


My Mother, Sister and I were all born within the same three days, and although we are worlds apart in personality and character, we share the three traits everyone seems to notice most.
We have the same sense of humour, the same self-induced joy and happiness and the same laugh.
Lulu and I where helping mom clean the kitchen after dinner one evening, when mom offered us some marsh-mellows... now at this point all three of us were stuffed to bursting point, as is the custom in my family and on top of that we had desert aleady (This does NOT mean any one of us has excess weight to prove that we overeat, because we metabolize our food too efficiently-which actually means that we aren’t over eating either...we just eat a LOT more than other people do)
So both my sister and I politely declined our share of the marsh-mellows(exactly as our mother had taught us to do in public) and then the smiling gave way to sputtering rage... an elaborate display by our dear mother, for entertainment purposes of course...
She ripped the tub of  sweets out from under out noses and glowered 
“Ungrateful children!” she hissed. “Must I do everything for you?!”
Lulu and I were frozen in place, uncomprehending.
Then she pushed a marsh-mellow into her mouth, contorting her face as though it were a frog
I looked at Lulu in time to see her flash me the same stunned expression.
Simultaneously we started to speak, eager to have the marsh-mellows if it would relieve our mother in any way, but before we could she protested:
“No, don’t worry! I will do it!” She couldn’t help smiling then “I will eat your desert for you!”
Once the realization hit that she was joking, we turned the joke back on her, stuffing the marsh-mellows into her mouth by the hand-full while chanting:
“Who’s a chubby bunny? WHO’S A CHUBBY BUNNY?!”
All three of us were red-faced with laughter when Dad returned to the kitchen.
Through the embarrassed explanations, I’m not sure whether he actually caught on to what we were saying, and I’m not sure if he really wanted to either...


No comments:

Post a Comment